Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

fits of creative thought

sometimes ideas for blog posts come to me as i lay in bed... around 10:30... 11... 2am. Ususally i pass out as soon as i meet the pillow; but occassionally i have fits of creativity.

last night was like that.

i dont remember any of it now.

I have been slowly working my way into and through the woods behind out house. Slowly because if it mostly unraked leaves, aggressive poplars and poison oak- ugh. But each time i go out I rake my path a little farther, uncover neat plants and trim back branches. I also discovered skunk cabbage... massive amounts of skunk cabbage. This plant literally has the ability to melt through snow, will cause a burning sensation to anyone who eats it without proper preparation, and emits an alarmingly potent odor if the leaves are damaged. ( I learned the first two from the internet) Any recommendations on lessing the crop that is my skunk cabbage?

In other news, my daffodils are blooming along with my puminaria. The almost dead bleeding heart i bought from Walmart last fall is making a comeback, forsithia bloomed over the weekend, tulips are sprouting with paper white(hopefully) irises.... I am sooooooooo excited to have a yard.

oh, and my wonderful husband brought home a gift i have been eyeing for a while-

THE EasyBloom! google it! this wonderful contraption is meant to sit in your garden for 24 hours at a time and monitor plant life, soil chemistry, water levels etc. I am so excited to try it out... although i'm not sure if i can put it out in the rain... hm

more to come from this my small part of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment