Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

painting and lumber-jane

Adjusting well to life here. Today I picked up paint for the kitchen cabinets- pics to come. We are also starting to plan for our bedroom to go in the loft of the A-frame so i am excited about that!!

Today though Chris asked if i wanted to help him find wood for our new stove. I knew what he meant- finding a tree in the woods and sawing it up- yipee. I did not get to run the chain saw yet as we were cutting up an oak and they are very hard, but i did get to run the splitter! The down tree was about 200 feet off the road so chris would cut the logs to size and I carried (maybe he did get the better end of the deal :) ) anyway- we partially filled the truck and then he took me to a different part of camp to show me how to use a hydrolic wood splitter- i found it to be a lot of fun, although chris assured me it would get old lol! it was amazing to watch these huge pieces of wood be forced into the blade!

So this weekend we will probably be working together on the wall behind the wood stove and i will also, hopefully, be wrapping up the kitchen until we can pull out the faux paneling.

I have been blessed since coming by all the family in Christ and i am also very thankful for the opportunity to be surrounded again by creation! I have found plants i've never seen before!! pics to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment